I know everyone is still excited for the plethora of superhero films coming out in 2013, but let’s skip ahead a bit and begin talking 2015 Summer blockbusters. Competing against Avengers 2 for box office domination will be Warner Bros. first outing with their own superhero collective, DC Comics’ Justice League, and this morning a rumored roster (character list) for the film began making the rounds across various film blogs.
For the record, everything that follows is still very much considered a rumor. Until DC or Warner Bros step forward and say otherwise (which they’ll likely never do), do not take this information to heart. It could (and likely will) change.
Anyways, Click through the “Read more” link below and read which heroes will be making an appearance in the upcoming film. Most of them are obvious picks pulled from other currently popular film franchises, but there a few surprises as well.
There is no solid release date for Justice League as of yet, nor a director to help the surely epic project. We will update you when more information becomes available.
Justice League roster:
• Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.
• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn’t really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.
• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man’s world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.
• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold’s character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.
• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.
• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.
• Darkseid’s Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.